I have been a little lazy with cooking this summer. On one hand, I have been extremely busy with kids, changing jobs, etc. But on the other hand, I just haven’t felt like cooking! Thankfully my husband and daughter HAVE felt like cooking, so we haven’t wasted away.
My crock pot is my best friend, be it for cooking up dry beans, or throwing a meal together before I go to work. I have seen various versions of crock pot lasagna recipes, but the texture never really turned out. So, after many failed attempts, I finally have a crock pot lasagna recipe that is easy, tasty, and visually resembles lasagna when it is done!
This recipe could very easily be tweaked to suit your tastes. Instead of ricotta cheese use cottage cheese, add some different seasonings … you could even switch out the Basil Essential Oil for dried basil, but all the cool kids are using essential oils.
- 1 box no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 28 oz cans tomato sauce
- 2 drops Young Living Basil Essential Oil
- 1 container ricotta cheese
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add 2 drops of Basil essential oil to tomato sauce. Spray crock pot with cooking spray, then add a layer of noodles. Then add a layer of tomato sauce, then a layer of ricotta cheese. Add another layer of noodles, then tomato sauce, then mozzarella cheese. Continue until out of noodles. Sprinkle any remaining mozzarella on top of the lasagna. Cook on low for approximately 4 hours.
One last thing I would like to address – cooking with essential oils. I use Young Living essential oils which are food-grade and safe to eat, but it is the ONLY brand I would ingest or feed to my family. Many essential oils you find in places like the grocery store are perfume grade and warn you not to ingest them right on the bottle.
If you are interested in essential oils read this post for more information. As always feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.